Forum - Open discussions - feedbacks, suggestions, concerns, issues, etc...

Date
By
Subject

Happy Eid

Happy Eid to all of you and your families. May Allah grant you and your loved ones happiness and prosperity on this blessed day and for the years to come.

May Allah strengthen our collective effort to continue giving back to our community that helped set the foundation to our successes.

To my Badibunka sons and daughters, take it easy and no fighting over lamb meat. There is enough for all of us.

Salibo please!

Date
By
Subject

Please join us

Hello Friends of Basse,
We have 218 friends on our facebook page and more on the global mailing list but less than 100 paying members.
We want to know what is stopping you from becoming a member?
We understand that there are reasons why others refuse to join. We want to know the reasons so that we can address them. We need each and everyone of you on board. We are trying but it will be easier if we do it collectively. We value you and want you on board.
" Collectively we can make a Difference".
Please join us today:

http://m.mybasse.org/join/
Join :: My Basse ~
www.mybasse.org

Date
By
Subject

Re: Please join us

Let me thank you guys for the wonderful job in maintaining such an informative site for us. I would further want to thank you for the memorial piece on the demise of our beloved sister Jainaba Sawaneh. I have interest in becoming an active member so I need guidance as to how to go about this. Reach me on bsawaneh6@hotmail.com

Date
By
Subject

Ramadan Project Update

Hello Everyone.

On behalf of the executive team of Friends of Basse Inc., I am pleased to inform you that the Ramadan project was successfully implemented as agreed. That is Provide If tar (Huntari) every Friday at the two Basse Mosques. And, extend provision for LAILATUL QADR to the two Basse Mosques and those of the satellite villages.

We are working on the detail report. We will publish it on the association’s website (www.mybasse.org) as promised in the next coming days. An e-mail communication will be sent out notifying you of its publication.

Once again, thank you so much for your support and patience.

Amadou Basiru Jallow
For the Executive Team of FoB.

Date
By
Subject

Death in the Family - Sama Saidy

Folks please join my in extending condolence to The Basse community and our own Sulayman Saidy on the passing of his little brother the late Sama Saidy. Sama was only 22 years old. May his soul and those that departed before him rest in perfect peace!
Sulayman our prayers are with you and your family during these hard times.

Date
By
Subject

Ramadan Project - Thank you!

Hello All,

As some of you may have already noticed, our website has published a story on our Ramadan project. In the coming days, when Ramadan commences in Basse, the project would be launched in earnest. My colleague, project manager Kawsu Sillah and a supporting cast, will spearhead this initiative in Basse.

On behalf of the Executive Group, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your generous donations towards the Ramadan Project. With your help, we were able to collect D106, 940.00. You will all agree with me that the fundraising drive was very successful. It shows what we can do as a group. It also shows that there is a real 'can-do' spirit in all of us to help one another and to strive for the common good of our people and communities.

I would be remiss if I failed to mention those non-Basse natives who responded to our call and donated generously towards the Ramadan Project. We are deeply gratified and touched by their generosity and for the confidence they have in Friends of Basse. We really, really appreciate your support, and are looking forward to working with you again in the future.

My friends, together we have started a tradition in Basse that I hope will continue forever. The funds collected will help provide “Iftar”, and dinner on “Lailatul Qadr” night, for Basse and the surrounding communities. I encourage all of you to join us again next year and continue this worthy cause we've begun.

As we move forward, we encourage and do solicit ideas on what other projects you think FoB should embark on. Remember, as our slogan states, "Collectively We Can Make A Difference" and we must understand that to make a difference, we, the citizens of Basse, must step up and take responsibility. I have no doubt that we can do this if we close ranks and pool our resources.

As promised, please find attached the donor list and I must mention that we are still collecting donations for the project and do encourage those of you that have yet to donate to please join us.

Thank you again and may the Almighty Allah, bless all of you and your families during this holy month of Ramadan. May your generosity be rewarded in the best form you so desire. May Allah strengthen our resolve and keep us steadfast to our lofty aims for Basse, the place we all call home.
Amen.

Sincerely,
MB Krubally
On behalf of the Executive Group

Date
By
Subject

After Graduation, Planning the Future

Indeed an inspiring story. It cannot be more appealing by having young sisters shooting for brighter futures. Once again, these two young ladies got me prouder to be a Baserian. I say to Isha Conteh & Ms Sanneh our promising future leaders of this world, the sky is the limit. Keep going ladies. I am joyous whenever I see aspiring youngstars doing the right thing. Kudos and may Allah shower his blessings on you guys!
My advice to other Basse young lads to see these two sisters as a paragon of exellence. Never be moved by the worldly affairs around you. The earlier the better. Once you are embedded with the system, it is hard to get out of it. The worst thing to be on this earth is to be not an asset but a liability to the society. If the opportunity is there, please capitalize on it. Wasalam!

Items: 15 - 21 of 846

<< 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 >>

Search site

© 2009-2016 Friends of Basse, Inc. All rights reserved.