Forum - Open discussions - feedbacks, suggestions, concerns, issues, etc...

Date
By
Subject

Re: After Graduation, Planning the Future

As a woman, I feel proud about my fellow Basse sisters' achievement. Their story is our story. We should all be proud of this. We really need such inspiring stories to help us as a people and country. Thank you for such an excellent publication keep it up.

I have been reading your website for a long time now but i don't know if its just me or my eyes or my computer or your website but your pictures always come out sharp they look really good.

Date
By
Subject

Re: After Graduation, Planning the Future

These two young girls make us proud. They are worthy of emulation. It is often said that the successful completion of a college degree is indeed a significant achievement which most definitely should be recognized. I just want to congratulate them on this landmark achievement, and wish them the very best in their endeavors. I admire their ambition to pursue education to the highest possible level. Best wishes.

Date
By
Subject

Ramadan Project

Basseans and Friends of Basse, D100000.00 later,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those that donated towards the Friends of Basse “Ramadan Project”. A little over a month ago we started a fundraiser to support an idea our members brought forward. Since our inception, one of FoB’s goals was for the association to be a member driven association. Well the members have spoken. They brought forward an idea to sponsor “Iftar” dinner to the Basse community and together, this year, we will make this happen.
Today I can comfortably say that FoB will sponsor “Iftar” dinner to the Basse community every Friday during the month of Ramadan. This could not have been possible without your help.
With your help, we have raised about D106000.00. We have raised more funds any one of us ever thought. When the number D100000.00 was initially mentioned as our goal, many thought this was not possible. Well today, we have together proven that nothing is impossible. We have proven that together we can realize our dreams. Together, we have proven that if we work together we can make a difference. FOB, together this Ramadan, we will for the fist time collectively start a tradition in Basse that will hopefully last through time.
Although we have surpassed our goal, we still encourage those of you that have yet to donate to please do so. We will be collecting donations through the month of Ramadan. Please be assured that for transparency purpose we will share the donor list before the beginning of Ramadan. Don’t be left out, send in your donations today. I will be more than happy to assist you. Call me or any of the executive members for the account information.
May Allah bless you and your family.

Date
By
Subject

Ramadan Project

It looks like we have twelve additions to our mailing list today. I would like to welcome these new additions and also invite them and those of you that have yet to donate to the Ramadan Project to please join us. We have two days to go and this is the right time to show your love for Basse, and do something to help the poor during the month of Ramadan. The Ramadan Project donation drive ends, Sunday, June 9, 2013.
Folks, we all know how hard things are back home and that not too many families are lucky to have the opportunity and assistance some of our families have. The average family back home is struggling to make ends meet and we all know that there are families in Basse that struggle daily to put food on the table. Now imagine fasting for the day and not have anything to break your fast with? Well, we can do something about that this Ramadan. With your help, this coming Ramadan, we will be able to provide “Iftar” for these families.
Ladies and gentlemen, please find it in your heart to donate to this worthy cause and help make a difference. Your donations will put food on the table for the poor men, women and children of Basse. I know we cannot solve the poverty issue back home, but we can make a difference. We can give them hope. We can put a smile on their faces and with your donation; we can assure these families that this Ramadan, we will provide a balance meal for them.
Basseans and friends of Basse, our people need us. Our town has given us a lot. Basse gave us the strong foundation to the wonderful life many of us lead today. It is now our turn to give back. We know times are not easy and each of us have families to take care of but collectively we can help these families too. Collectively, we can make a difference. Basseans and friends of Basse, please join us make a difference this Ramadan. No amount is small and remember we welcome anonymous donors.
For those of you that are too busy to send in your money or make it to the bank today, you can make a pledge. Make your intention known that you will help put food on the table for a poor family in Basse this Ramadan. We know you want to donate, don’t wait any longer, “just do it’ today. We look forward to hearing from the rest of you.

Date
By
Subject

Ramadan Project Meeting...

Greetings!

This is a friendly reminder about the upcoming Friends of Basse meeting. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the Ramadan Project – the total funds raised and the implementation process. The meeting will take place on Sunday, June 9th, 2013 at 5:00 pm Gambian Time. Please follow the dial-in instructions for your particular jurisdiction below:

For those of you joining the meeting from Africa please call the Friends of Basse Skype account to be connected.
For those joining from Europe and the U.S.A, please dial: 605-475-4700 and when prompted for the access code, dial: 198820.

You are all cordially invited to call in and join the meeting. Remember, your opinions and insight matters; it is what helps run this association.

Until then, May God the almighty bestows His favors and blessings upon all of us. Amen.
Amadou Basiru Jallow.

Date
By
Subject

Re: Ramadan Project Meeting...

Looking forward to a great meeting. Folks, join us make a collective decision on how to effectively handle this project. Together we cannot be wrong.

Date
By
Subject

Ramadan Project Update

Halfway toward our D100000 "Ramadan Project" goal, I like to thank all the donors and the coordinators of this project. We are still collecting donations through Sunday June 9th. With five days to go, I am confident that we will make it if we all chip in a little bit. Please consider donating. Only D50000 to go, we can do it.

We know that many of you intend to donate but are also too busy to make it to the bank. Kindly make time to swing by your nearest Bank of America today. It is a two minute transaction and you will be glad you did. Our people especially the poor will appreciate the help during the holly month of Ramadan.

To make it easier, we can collect your donations back home if that is easier for you. We do have representatives on the ground that can coordinate with you to pick up your donations. Also, you can donate anonymously if you wish.

As stated earlier none of the funds received for this project is going to BA coffers. The collected donations will be spent on the Ramadan project and we will make available the expense report showing how the funds were spent.

Also, let it be known that this project includes the surrounding villages. We have members as far away as Bakadaji and Wulli that have donated. So everyone in the Basse area and friends of Basse are encouraged to donate.

To effectively coordinate this project, we will be holding a meeting this Sunday, June 9th to discuss the project. Please look out for the announcement and make time to join us. Per our motto, “Collectively we can make a difference”. Basseans, join us make a difference.

MB. Krubally

Items: 22 - 28 of 846

<< 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 >>

Search site

© 2009-2016 Friends of Basse, Inc. All rights reserved.