Public Notice on BA Poll Updates
January 15th, 2010
Further to completion of recently conducted primary elections, prospective candidates for various positions have been identified. Some of them we talked to by conference call. Others we reached by personal phone and a few we could not reach. For wider membership information a complete list of candidates is now issued.
The process has been smooth and successful with total cooperation from everyone. We anticipate a very orderly elections and would like to add that whatever the final results, everyone is a winner as we all stand together developing the organisation and building the institution of B A into a sustainable social establishment for the collective good.
Basse Association Inc. (BA) Polling Officers:
Haruna Farage, Wuyeh Yorro Sanyang, Ousman Kamara, Sarjo Bayang.
List of Candidates
|Pa Momodou L. Joof|
|Mamadou S. Jallow|
|Momodou Billo Krubally|
|Deputy Secretary General|
|Aja Mariama Samasa Drammeh|
|Bakary M. Jallow|
|Chief Financial Officer|
|Amadou B. Jallow|
|Amadou Tijan Jallow|
|Mamadou Salieu Jallow (UK)|
|Deputy Chief Financial Officer|
|Alhagie M.S. Jabbie|
|Jacob Krubally Touray|
|Mamadou Jang Jalloh|
|Alh. Saibo Drammeh|
|Alpha Omar Jallow|
|Public Relations Officer|
|Bubacarr (Bukus) Jallow|
|Pa (Samba) Johm|
|Sports & Cultural Officer|
Statement from the Poll Officers
December 1st, 2009
Basse Association Inc. (BA) Executive Committee’s Elections
Further to preliminary consultations, the Poll Officers charged with duties to conduct Election of candidates to fill positions on Basse Association Inc. (BA) Executive body held a conference call on Sunday 29th November 2009. The conference was orderly and came up with modalities in developing appropriate instruments for a successful election due soon.
It has been agreed that dates for coming events regarding election of the Executive body be announced as follows:
1. Nomination of prospective candidates to start Monday 7th December to end by Thursday 31st December 2009.
2. Grace Period to facilitate further consultations to start on Friday 1st January through Thursday 7th January 2010.
3. Declaration of Candidates by Friday 8th January 2010.
4. Campaign to start by Friday 15th January 2010 through Sunday 7th February 2010.
5. Voting proper begins Monday 8th February 2010 ending Monday 15th February 2010.
6. Declaration of results on Tuesday 16th February 2010 and official inauguration on Thursday 18th February 2010.
If there are any queries, the Poll Officers will be happy to respond in your best interest and satisfaction.
Please note that the email account for the Poll Officers is email@example.com. All correspondences should be directed to this address. Thank you.
- Sarjo Bayang - Chairperson
- Wuyeh Sanyang - Moderator.
- Haruna Farage - Constitutional consultant.
- Ousman Kamara - Secretary.
THE ELECTORAL PROCESS